April 6, 2011

An Array of Illustrations

Here's a collection of illustrations that I've done most recently. All of them were created entirely in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, although mostly in Photoshop. I used to always use Illustrator to create my flat vector shapes, then I brought them into Photoshop to lay the gradients on top. I switched it up for some of these, however! I've started experimenting with more "paths" and "smart objects" in Photoshop, and found that I can get the same effect as I do in Illustrator! Yay for experimentation! As for the images themselves, the top image is of Stylish Stu, a chameleon in a poem I recently wrote. The bottom two elves were commissioned by a client as caricatures of his daughters. He used a fused image of them as his Christmas card this year. :) The next image is a whole bunch of cute aliens that I created for fun, and below that is (believe it or not) a self-portrait of me! (If you know me in person, the big hair and huge smile makes a whole lot of sense, haha!)