April 6, 2011

U.S. Institute for Corporate Education

Here is a website I designed for U.S.I.C.E., a local online business institution. My first design (top) was by far my favorite, and the client really loved its curved menu bar. However, after some budget cuts, the client could not afford a website designer proficient enough to make this complicated design function on the World Wide Web. So, he asked lil' ol' me to try tossing it on the web myself! This was my first attempt at creating a full website, and after a few seminars, how-to books, and online tutorials, I was able to digitize it using Adobe Dreamweaver. However, the design was a little more than I could chew on comfortably, so I simplified the site layout (bottom). The institute's logo was never officially decided on before they had to close-up shop (thank you, recession), but I included some of my process work in the image. (middle)